Tuesday, May 5, 2009

WIP Report: DDR Bag

I'm trying out freezer paper stenciling on fabric for the first time, and decided to use bleach rather than paint because I thought it'd get a cool effect for the design I'm going for.


B4U by ~jtptan on deviantART

The black and orange are different object groups and I printed them seperately so the positioning will likely be different for the finished project. In my head, I want the arrows bleached almost white with the robot-guy bleached less so he's in the background.

So I went to try it out (doing the arrows layer first).

Conclusion: check that you're not using 'colour guard' bleach if you're trying to bleach out colour. 

So I'm going to have to borrow some bleach or buy a jug before I can continue.  As well as cut out a second sheet for the arrows stencil (easier than having to cut out that robot again o_o).

PS: If you're wondering what happened, if anything it's darker there now! I'm hoping that's because it's a bit damp though. If it's still like that tomorrow morning I'll give it a quick rinse to see if that will help >>
PPS: Maybe I should also find some better fabric if I have to go out anyway.

0 comments:

Post a Comment